- To feel and to live the spirit of God, reading the Bible with women’s eyes, hearing about biblical women and their significance for our religion, finding our own way of expression and language and constantly transferring the message of the Bible into the present and future time.
Accordingly, we inform our members, give them impetus to their work, and try to support them in their activities.
- We have become a mouthpiece for the women’s opinions on social and political matters in order to back them up in their particular life situations. Additionally, we try to be a lobby for their interests with regard to the church. Moreover, we would like to offer immediate help for women in conflict situations, in difficulties, and in cases of urgent distress.
- The base of all our efforts with respect to education, advanced vocational training and further education is to qualify women in order to take responsibility in church and society. Thereby, women get the opportunity to exchange experiences, to articulate themselves and to take up their position in public just as in private life.
- Our organization works on peace, justice, and integrity of Creation.
- We consider our work in connection with oecumenical networking and regard it as a kind of women’s union, both local and worldwide. Interreligious dialogue is encouraged by our association.
- It is impossible to intercede on women’s behalf and their dignity without denouncing social, political, and sexual violence against women and girls.
Thence our all-encompassing task is to contribute to equivalence and equal rights of women and men in church and society in order to establish a fair community and partnership. We want to overcome the separation between power and powerlessness, between women and men.